Monday, September 15, 2008

"Mom will cupcakes really turn me pink?"

Is it really already the middle of September? Time is getting away from me these days... the last couple of weeks have flown by with Mady in school. I wanted to post some funny things the kids have said lately, they are always keeping us laughing with their perspective on life.
After reading the cute book Pinkalicious that we have heard so much about we made pink cupcakes. Mady was saying she wanted to eat all the pink cupcakes so that she could be pink... she then asked Ethan if he wanted a pink cupcake with which his reply was a very stern and concerned "No" the matter was dropped and after about 20 minutes Ethan came into the kitchen and said "Mom if i eat a cupcake will I really turn pink?" The poor kid had been so concerned and thinking about it the whole time he really wanted a cupcake without being pinkalicious! :)
As for Mady they were watching a cartoon that had someone losing their teeth. Ethan then came in and said Mom Mady is trying to hit me. I went to have the talk with her about how we don't hit each other when she quickly responded "Mom i wasn't hitting him I was trying to knock his teeth out backwards!" aah, the joys i love my kids so much and they are always keeping me on my toes!
The weather out here is beautiful today. It is 70 right now and we are sitting on the back porch watching the kids swing and play baseball. This is heaven.

1 comment:

Erin said...

LOL - I love it!!!:) Kids are so funny! This evening Bailey gave me a run down on what we need to buy at the grocery store tomorrow. I was trying so hard not to laugh! "We need a whole bunch of chicken nuggets, and ketchup - I LOVE ketchup! hmmm.. no more yucky snacks or chex mix, just ice cream and go gurt..." etc. What a ham!:)